Because I am a girl

I would love to insist that this is a rant,I didn't have much space to have it as an entry in my diary so bear with how personal the angle can get. Basketball. Game of wit,style,glam name it.

Away from the appraisal,mans and I head to the court for a scrimmage because ballers ball. The closest court which is not so close happens to be having a game between outsiders and those of that home court. Mans and I are outsiders so we roll. Little hitch before we left but we all good. So we get there and the game is on the first quarter,fifth minute meaning I'll get to play. 

The score is pretty much on a seesaw scale,outsiders are streaming in pretty fast too,my little soft heart begins to despair. The first quarter down,substitutions made ahead of the second quarter,my heart will go on,hopeful much. Then I get my chance,one two runs a time out for our side. 'Madam,naambiwa hii si training ni game kwa hio utatoka kidogo,ata Mimi nimeifeel...permit me to translate. Never mind,what our coach for the day said was this, this is a serious game stay out. In all this my mind says,Say it boy. I should stay out because it's a mans game? I was HURT. Flame on my throat. I stayed by the court side and watched the game for a while and decided to move further aback and talk to fLame. 

I was mad for a whole load of reasons. Why didn't anyone try to defend me? Not even man's. Silence means consent. If the coach didn't share in the idea why then did he agree to voice it? The rest of my evening was long. I talked to a lot of people to boost whatever it is that was low. It worked. This one instance made me question my game. But later on I realised it's not me. I don't sink like that. I am a great player and one insight hit me,best is yet to come. They didn't play me because I am a girl? Nice. There's a lot I'll achieve on this motivation because I am The girl. Lights out. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grass will grow

Big's Story

Death on terms